Monday, May 14, 2007

When do you?

When do you feel most beautiful? I am cheating and copying Drew Barrymore in this week's People magazine:

"Right after I've worked out and I'm sweating all over the place and my face
is two different colors of white and red and my hair is half wet, half dry and I
look like I'm about to have a heart attack. I feel like I've changed the shape
of my body temporarily into something more flexible and strong."

True that, Drew. Sometimes after a run I just want to scream it feels so good and I do feel beautiful. For the rest of the day I feel strong and empowered and that each movement I make has purpose.

The red and white face gives way to a glow on my cheeks that I just don't get from my "Rosy Cheeks no. 10" blush I usually use.

I can feel the glow from the inside out which spurs me on, knowing I will be all the more beautiful.




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, dear! Your thoughts on running are VERY compelling. You make me look forward to getting back to it, and that is significant.
Currently, I feel most beautiful when I find something to wear for the day that looks nice and FITS.

Baby-Mama Runner said...

I love that you love running! And I love that I remember the day you started. Go girl go!