Thursday, May 10, 2007

Early morning

So today I woke up to the sound of screaming. Scott has been out of town all week so the kids were all in my bed. Well, 3 of them were. Natalie was on the floor. Even with my blind-as-a-batness I could see blood near her eye.

I schlepped all 5 of us to the ER(why does this stuff happen when Scott is away?) 1.5 hrs, 2 stitches, 3 cinnamon rolls, 6 donut holes and 5 hot chocolates later, we were back home.

We slumped on the couch and watched AFV on the DVR.

Can you believe she did not cry during the anesthetic or the stitches?

3 comments:

rosiemomma said...

awwww, Nattles. Poor thing. I think I would've tried needle and thread (maybe ice?) at home rather than traipse with everyone to the ER. See what a good mom you are??

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Poor baby! My aunt (dad's sister, bipolar, schitzophrenic, and probably other stuff as well) used to have nervous breakdowns everytime my dad went out of town leaving my mom to get her committed to the local psych ward. I think the hubbys have a radar about such things....

Unknown said...

Wow - that's not a good way to start the day. Glad you all recovered and could collapse afterwards with snacks and TV to decompress. Glad Natalie is okay!