Thursday, January 3, 2008

Day from Hell

Yesterday was my planned monthly trip to Costco and Trader Joes. I had to stop by the library first. I pulled into the widest parking spot thinking, "No one will ding my door here" I left the kids in the car. While at the counter, I heard my car alarm go off. I walked outside and saw a truck in the space next mine diagonal. It pulled forward and straightened out. The lady went into the library. I looked at my car and followed her in. I said, "You just hit my car." She looked at me and said, "What? No, no. I didn't." I told her my kids saw and felt it and that I saw her pulling away from it.

We went outside and she gave me her name and number. I got the license plate. She said she had no license with her. She told me to follow her back to her house to get her insurance info. Long story short. Scott wasn't happy with the lack of info so he came home and we went to the lady's house. He got the info from her. And now she has filed a complaint with his employer.

Oh and by the way, she also didn't hit my car. Despite my 4 kids witnessing it and feeling it, despite her offer to let her friend "buff it out" and despite the "I'm sorry."

Whatever.

So DH is mad at me. We finally did make it to Trader Joe's 5 hours later than we were supposed to. And instead of getting things on the list while I took Natalie to the bathroom, apparently Scott just looked around. So when I get up to the register I had to run back and grab a few things. One of those things happened to be olive oil. I happened to drop the olive oil in the middle of the frozen food aisle. Everyone on the aisle happened to exclaim, "OOOOHHH." And I happened to splash olive oil on my hours-old Keen boots(see post below).

Sorry for the boring narrative, but I needed to process.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, the narrative wasn't boring but I found myself wincing at the boot splash. Geez, that day just sucked. I'd be interested to hear the outcome of the lady hitting your car. Are the boots okay? Are you?

rosiemomma said...

The whole thing was bad, but the oil on the boots just put me over the edge. And all those Flat land Trader Joe's people just looking at you...and then putting vegan ice cream in their carts.

I feel like I want to hit something (remember when JOsh said that in the car?)

I will go hit a pillow for you.

Olive oil, sheesh.