Saturday, November 3, 2007

I finished.

Last night I stayed up way too late to finish the last Harry Potter book. I didn't have much of an opinion one way or another on the books before starting them. Macy has read and really enjoyed them so I thought I would give them a try.

From the very first book, I was drawn in to the world of Harry, Hermione and Ron. The books are fantastically clever. Written over 17 years, they are well-thought out and flawless.

I laughed at myself sometimes when I was on the edge of my seat waiting to see what would happen next. The books were definitely page-turners. They were hilarious, brilliant, irreverent , and magnificent. Lots of laughing out loud.

Ultimately, though the books were a tale of friendship like no other, redemption and ultimate sacrifice. I wept at the end(and other places in between) as the story unfolded and people paid the price to pave the way for what must happen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - good review. Not usually my genre but I think I should read them since everyone I know says good things about them.

Baby-Mama Runner said...

I need a good book for over Christmas break when I will have no reason to just just pick up the Fundamentals of Nursing just for fun. Maybe I'll give H.P. a whirl!

Amy said...

Yeah it's not really my genre either, but I was bored. I ended up really enjoying them!