Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Depressing.

I hate being depressed. Really. Really. Hate. It.

This time of year usually brings it on. But with the added stress of something that happened with one of my kids, evacuation, etc, etc, it just feels so much worse. I have racked up $75.00 in late charges this month for not paying bills. I could have, but there they sat. I just haven't felt like it. I owe a letter to someone and I just can't seem sit down and write.

I feel like my whole life is like this right now. I am watching it all go by but just watching is all I do. It doesn't help that my husband thinks mental illness is a character flaw rather than a health issue. Not that it matters what he thinks but it sure would be nice to have support rather than answers.

Put the kids in school then.

Throw away all their toys.

Eat off paper plates.

Blah, blah, blah.

I felt this coming on, as I always do so I have tried to head it off at the pass. I have been making sure I clean the kitchen thoroughly at night, every night. Just that one little act has helped me feel like I have some semblance of control. I also have started taking fish/flax/borage oil capsules and I have noticed a difference in my temperament with the kids. They should call them "No Yelling Pills" because I haven't been. YAY!

In other, less depressing news: nope, can't think of anything.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sucks to feel that way. I feel the same all too often. Funny, I just started taking fish oil, too! But more for my skin - if there's a side effect of lessening the yelling, all the better!!! If I were there, I'd take you out for ice cream and a run - not in that order. If you were here, you could go to my therapist with me!=)

Baby-Mama Runner said...

((((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Not much more to add than just a HUG....