Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Taking Inventory

We are evacuated from our home due to the wildfires right now. We are safe at my moms in Corona. We had pretty much all day to pack yesterday but it didn't take us that long. There really isn't all that much that we couldn't live without. We got all of our pictures and a few clothes. Favorite stuffed animals, toys. Two dogs, 1 cat, 5 birds, 3 fish. I found out that Macy had tucked away the 6th Harry Potter book I am thisclose to finishing as well as the 7th. I love her.

We actually left before the official evacuation order so we had plenty of time and didn't have to rush. Last night while trying to fall asleep I took inventory of our house to see if I had missed anything. The only thing I can think of is our tapes from our old video camera. There are other things that I would be very sad to never see again like the sideboard that Scott made me or all my shoes :>) but it doesn't take long to realize that all I need is already here with me.

3 comments:

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Just saw Lake Arrowhead on the news and was worried about you. Praying for you...

Unknown said...

Okay...phew! Magan mentioned your blog post so I came here to get the news I bugged you about on e-mail. And you're posting again! Yay! Praying for you & your neighbors...

2trees said...

Glad your family is OK. BTW, come back to GCM. We miss you. :)